Vehicle Registration for Adelphi
Get the right permit or decal for your parking needs.
Please review the information below about obtaining and displaying parking decals, temporary permits and handicapped accessible parking permits.
Parking Decals and Temporary Permits
- You must bring the following items/documents to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation to obtain a parking decal or temporary permit:
- Current University ID
- valid vehicle registration showing plate number and description of vehicle
- bursar’s receipt or other proof that you are a registered student or employee
- Parking decals must be affixed to the rear bumper, driver’s (left) side.
- Temporary permits must be displayed on the dashboard (driver’s side).
- Special permits and day passes must be displayed on the dashboard (driver’s side).
- One Day Visitor Permits can be obtained at the Public Safety Command Center (west side of Levermore Hall).
Permits/Decals expire annually on September 30.
Replacement fee for lost parking permits is $15.
Handicapped Accessible Parking Permits
- Students, faculty, staff, and visitors with disabilities may obtain special parking permits for parking in designated handicap parking areas.
- Only university handicap permits along with government issued permits are recognized. Visitors with handicap permits may obtain one day visitor permits.
- Vehicles parked in handicap parking areas without Adelphi handicap permit, along with government issued handicap permits, or handicap visitor permits along with government issued handicap permits, will be summonsed and may be impounded.
- Vehicles with special permits (except visitors) must also display a current parking decal.
- To obtain a handicap permit contact or visit the appropriate office below: