Protecting your personal information.
The Department of Public Safety and Transportation has had in place the following safeguards to assure that all personal information that we have access to is adequately secured and not provided to any individual without authorization from the Assistant Vice President or his designee.
- Every employee or student worker is advised prior to his/her employment, by signing a confidentiality agreement, that no information requested regarding any student or employee is permitted to be given out to any member of the university or outside agency without authorization from the Assistant Vice President or his designee of this department.
- Every employee or student worker is provided with a personnel ID password to gain access to the student/employee ID data base.
- The front doors of the Department of Public Safety are equipped with an alarm system and have a biometric finger reader in order to gain access during non-business hours.
- Closed circuit television cameras have been installed to view all individuals who enter the Department of Public Safety.
- Housekeeping is not permitted access during non-business hours. Facilities staff (engineers, electricians, etc.) is permitted access by Public Safety staff on duty.
- Ongoing training of the safeguarding of information and confidentiality is conducted throughout the year.
- Violation of confidentiality will lead to disciplinary action, up to, and including, termination of employment.