Here are a few tips to protecting your vehicle and belongings.
There are quite a few students who commute to Adelphi by car. If you’re among them or bring a car to campus for any reason, here are a few tips:
- Lock your car. When returning to your car, have your keys in hand so you’re not fumbling for them at your car.
- Leave nothing exposed in the car
- Place items in your trunk prior to leaving a parked car or take the items with you.
- Check the front and back seats of your car before entering.
- Drive with car doors locked and windows mostly closed.
- Do not leave your purse or other valuables on the seat next to you while you are driving. Put valuable items in the trunk or behind your seat.
- Invest in an ignition lock, club-type lock, and car alarm system. Your car insurance will be reduced, and you are less likely to find that your car has been stolen.
- Never park your car in a remote or dimly lighted area.