Public Safety and Transportation


Vehicle Registration for Adelphi

Get the right permit or decal for your parking needs.

Please review the information below about obtaining and displaying parking decals, temporary permits and accessible parking permits.

  1. You must bring the following items/documents to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation to obtain a parking decal or temporary permit:
    • Current University ID
    • valid vehicle registration showing plate number and description of vehicle
    • a valid drivers license (permit is not accepted)
  2. Parking decals must be affixed to the rear bumper (driver’s side).
  3. Temporary permits must be displayed on the dashboard (driver’s side).
  4. Special permits and day passes must be displayed on the dashboard (driver’s side).
  5. One Day Visitor Permits can be obtained at the Public Safety Command Center, Levermore Hall, Suite 113.

Permits/Decals expire annually on September 30. 
Replacement fee for lost parking permits is $15.

Accessible Parking Permits

Students, faculty and staff who have a government issued accessible pass and require campus parking must obtain a university accessible parking decal for parking in designated accessible areas. Accessible decals will be distributed only if the government issued pass is valid for the Adelphi community member.

Visitors who require accessible parking can obtain a one-day visitor pass to park in accessible areas as long as a government issued permit is visible.

Adelphi accessible passes may be obtained by:

Permanent Accessible Parking Permits

All Permanent Accessible parking permits (students, staff, and faculty) must be issued through Adelphi’s Public Safety office. Please come prepared with the following information to receive your Adelphi issued accessible parking decal sticker:

  1. Your municipal placard (government issued accessible parking pass)
  2. Your drivers license
  3. Your vehicle registration (may register up to 2 vehicles) 

Temporary Accessible Parking Permits

Students- Temporary Permit: All students requiring a temporary accessible parking permit must complete an Temporary Accessible Parking Application (PDF) and your doctor must complete and sign the medical verification form to have access to designated parking spaces on campus. Please submit the completed application to the Student Access Office

Employee- Temporary Permit: Faculty, administrators, and staff requiring a temporary parking permit must complete the Employee Accessible Parking Application (PDF) and your doctor must complete and sign the medical verification section. Please submit the completed application to Health Services

Vehicles without the proper accessible permits or one-day visitor passes that are parked in accessible areas will be summoned and may be towed at the owner’s expense.

Note: All Adelphi accessible parking permits will expire September 30 every year. You will be required to update the Department of Public Safety upon the renewal of your government issued accessible parking permit. Furthermore, if you changes vehicles or registration you must come to public safety for a new decal.

Adelphi accessible parking decal & government issued accessible parking pass must be displayed together when parked in accessible parking spaces.

For further information, please contact:

Public Safety and Transportation
Levermore Hall, Suite 113
p – 516.877.3500 or dial "5" from any on-campus phone

Regular Office Hours
Monday–Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Friday:  8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

After hours calls will be received by the 24-hour Public Safety Command Center in Levermore Hall, Suite 113.

Apply Now
Request Information